Miles By Design
This frittata is a great way of using up leftover vegetables at the end of the week. Although I have used courgette, mushrooms and peppers as my main ingredients, you could use anything that you enjoy eating, or have leftover to make this dish.
- 60g of Low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Pepper (red or orange) thinly sliced
- 1 Courgette - Thinly sliced
- 8 Mushrooms - closed cups and chopped
- 6 Eggs - Beaten
- Put 1 TbSp Oil in a large frying pan on medium heat
- Put all vegetables in frying pan and sauté till cooked through and slightly soft and browning for around 15 mins
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly over bottom of frying pan and then pour beaten eggs all over.
4. Pre heat the grill on High.
5. Cook gently till the egg mixture has set on the bottom, then take off hob
6. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the frittata and put under the grill till the eggs have set and the cheese is bubbling.
Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp salad and some oven chips for a main meal or on its own for a breakfast or lunch idea.
It can also be eaten cold the next day, so can be taken for a picnic or in your work lunch-box.