Miles By Design
Makes 4 Large Fritters or 6 Small Fritters
- Medium Courgettes (grated)
- 4 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 60g Self Raising Flour
- 25g Strong Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1) Place grated courgettes in a sieve, mix through 1 heaped teaspoon of salt and place over a bowl for 5 mins.
(The salt helps to release the liquid in the courgettes)
Then squeeze really well to remove as much liquid as you can.
2) Place the spring onions, flour, cheese and eggs into a mixing bowl.
3) Mix all the ingredients well to combine
4) Put enough oil to cover the bottom of your frying pan on medium heat
5) The mixture will be wet but just spoon into the frying pan with a large spoon in individual amounts (If needed, lightly press to flatten but not too much)
6) Now do not turn over until the fritters, if lifted at the side, have a nice brown crust to them. You can then turn them over with a fish slice and cook the other side.
If you turn before the bottom has set, then they will fall apart. The usual cooking time is 3-4 mins on each side.
Courgette Fritters can be served with salads, poached eggs and cold meats.